CIQS Job Bank:
Construction Estimator / Quantity Surveyor - Pipeline Project (JSG) Kitimat, BC
- Construction Estimator (Quantity Surveyor) - Pipeline Project
- Kitimat, BC
JSG offers our customers a wide range of services to assist in the construction and maintenance of their pipeline and facilities assets. Our proven experience, methodologies, and strong relationships with seasoned Construction Management & Inspection professionals with well-established track records demonstrate the high capability of JSG to organize, manage, and execute against your construction management and inspection services program.
Reporting to the Manager, Estimate, Risk & Progress Manager and in complete coordination with the Construction Manager, the Construction estimator/Quantity Surveyor is responsible for duties and responsibilities related to a multi-billion dollar Pipeline Project in BC.
This is a multi-year contract position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing construction plans and client issued drawings and preparing quantity requirements.
- Validation of contractor’s LEMs (labor/equipment) and Daily Field Reports (DFRs) utilized on the cost reimbursable scopes.
- Measurement of progress/volumes on all pipeline construction activities.
- Measuring and tracking unit price items (UPI) and monitoring the associated costs.
- Scrutinizing contractor’s report on quantities installed and reconciling frequently.
- Understanding and enforcing contract documents.
- Tracking planned vs. actual resource allocations (labour, equipment, and materials) for all activities.
- liaise with the contractor, construction manager, project manager, cost controls, field engineers and office progress specialists.
- Assist CMT by proof checking LEMs, progress and payment documentation for compliance and accuracy.
- Report regular actual quantities installed vs planned, provide variance explanations, risks/impacts and mitigation plans as required.
- Document and track any changes in design and raise trends to update quantities/budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Physically capable of standing and walking for extended time periods at site as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable in a field or office setting.
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of related pipeline or Linear project construction experience.
- Construction estimating experience is required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply for This Position
- Confidential applications/inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release Date: 2020-06-17|
Expiry Date: 2020-09-15